One year ago today I was in the hospital being induced with Beck. The doctor told us not to show up any later than 5:30am on October 6. We were there at like 3am. We got a little sleep once we got there, because they wouldn't start me on pitocin until 7. Once 7am rolled around they started me. Contractions got worse and worse as time went on. I knew I wanted an epidural and I had heard that this hospital took a long time to get an anesthesiologist there because they were on call ( or something of that nature..) So I asked how long it would take so I knew when to ask for one... blah blah blah long story short I waited too long! I just kept thinking I can handle one or two more contractions.The doctor came in to check me and break my water. These were his words "well you are at an 8 and could probably push through it." I was a little freaked out at this point! I looked at Jason and said "wait so can I not get the epidural?!" The doctor said "you'll be ready to push in 15 min so it is kind of too late to do it." The doctor left the room and went down to his office. It was not 5 min later I had the awful urge to push! It was the craziest (pretty painful) experience ever! The nurses were rushing to put gowns and gloves on, Jason was wondering what to do for me (his monster of a wife) because I was out of it! Never thought I would be like I was... Screaming for the doctor and all kinds of crazy things I won't mention. The doctor made it just in time to deliver our sweet baby boy! I loved the recovery of having him naturally, but I don't know if I would do that again! Luckily the pain was short lived. Beck was 6 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long (we weighed him 3 days ago and he weighed 20 lbs 11 oz). He has been a great baby! Such a mama's boy! We are so blessed to have him in our family:)




Today we started the day with with lots of balloons to play with and a sock monkey gift. I took a little time out of Beck's day to run an 8.4 mile trail race at Barkcamp state park. It was by far the hardest trail run I have ever done! It was crazy! SO hilly and muddy! Very rough terrain. It was pretty cold at the start, but I got warm quick. My friend that I train with was the first overall girl 1:17:01 and I was the second overall girl 1:17:51. This race only cost $20 dollars to enter and we got a nice shirt, a beanie, fancy awards, and a full meal afterwards (seriously I never have had this after a race... i was thinking bananas, drinks, granola bars, etc...) It was chicken, potatoes, salad, bread, cheesecake, and much more! I think I will be doing this one again next year! Way worth my $20 dollars:)
 |
| Me, Betsy and Elise... Freezing before the race! |
 |
| Start line |
 |
| Zoey coming to greet me around the 6 mile mark! She makes me so happy! |
 |
| Dad and the birthday boy supporting mom |
 |
| Ready to cheer for mom |
Later in the day we came home to watch General Conference and let Beck open gifts and eat cake! He got spoiled by all is grandparents and great-grandparents! He loved it... and so did Zoey! She did not like that Beck got all the attention today. She is used to having all the attention:) We are so lucky to have such wonderful family who think of us daily and send us and our children packages for special occasions or just because! We love them! Hopefully in the near future we will be able to celebrate birthdays with them in person:)
 |
| I was a little rushed and a little impatient with the cake so it didn't turn out so great...Oh well! |
 |
| He was so happy! |
 |
| He started a little slow |
 |
| but this is how he ended up |
 |
| All his stuff.... minus a few. Such a spoiled boy:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment