Well we made it back from Utah! My kids were so good for me on the plane both ways! I am always nervous to be the one with the out of control kids, but luckily they did great and I stayed sane:) I will try to remember 6 weeks ago and start from the top!
We arrived in Las Vegas first so Quincy and I could do the Tough Mudder race. We got there Thursday morning and the race was on Saturday so we just played for a few days:) My father-in-law and Quincy drove to Vegas and got there Thursday night. We went out that night to the Stratosphere to ride a few rides, to the Bellagio fountains, and wandered the strip until 3am (my time). My mom was nice enough to stay with the kiddos. The rest of the time we swam and enjoyed all the activities at Southpointe. The kids were spoiled! My mom took them to the movie and of course gave them all the snacks they wanted. They knew who to go to if they really wanted something! Lindsey came all the way from Missouri to be there! We haven't seen her in awhile so it was nice to have her there and in Utah for a little bit too:)
I started to get an ingrown toenail the day I got to vegas and it was the worst the day before the race. Luckily it didn't bother me too bad. Race day was SO fun! I was so glad I had Quincy to do it with me! We had lots of fun together! I would definitely do another tough mudder! Probably not anytime too soon because they are pretty expensive. My clothes that I wore still smell like swamp water even after like 5 washes! I ended up throwing my shoes in the garbage, they were at the end of their life anyway.
 |
| Dave and Qui at the top of the Stratosphere |
 |
| Bellagio |
 |
| Beck swimming with Grandma Lisa (1,2,3 JUMP) |
 |
| Zoey and Auntie Qui |
 |
| The crew minus my mom (taking picture) before the race |
 |
| Got our numbers |
 |
| Our cheerleader! |
 |
| Getting some good luck:) |
 |
| Artic Enema! SO cold! |
 |
| This is such a good pic of Qui |
 |
| Kiss of Mud |
 |
| Aunt Linds and Zoey |
 |
| Electric Eel... This was the worst obstacle in my opinion:) |
 |
The kids were so tired! They both did a great job though!
|
Once we got to Utah and got all settled the craziness began! We did SO much stuff that I can't remember all the details, but here is a list of most of the things we did: Zoey haircut, lots of hiking, lots of just visiting with grandparents and great-grandparents (the kids sure miss them), watched grandpa Dave play alumni basketball, Riley's graduation, 30k striders race, Hogle Zoo, Park dates, Mothers day festivities, Temple trips, Crystal hot springs, Fishing with grandpa Wallace, Real Salt Lake game with good friends, many pickle ball games, Kaysville trampoline park with soccer friends, out to dinner, dinosaur park, Beus to feed the ducks, went to the farm for horse riding and smores, lots of tramp time at the Hydes, frisbee golf & golf with my brother, front runner and gateway shopping, Discovery gateway, Fire house tour with Cole and Misty, and of course the Ogden marathon to wrap up the trip! Here are all the pictures of these activities! We had SO SO much fun and can't wait to go back in October for 3 months:)
Love this update and all the cute pictures! Goodness, three races in one trip; One day I will be in half as good a shape as you ;-)The tough mudder looks like so much fun! Your kids are so cute, glad you guys had a fun trip!
ReplyDelete