I am trying to keep up on everything that goes on because every time I look at the pictures of my kids I realize that time is flying and they are getting too big too fast! Our most recent adventure was to Philadelphia. Jason had to take a practical exam up there on the 20th. We stayed in King of Prussia, Pa. We have decided that Pennsylvania is one of the most beautiful places we have been. We did lots of swimming (like always), the kids and I went to a really nice mall while Jason took his test, and then the day we drove home we went into downtown Philly to check it out. We went to the United States mint, drove past the Rocky statue and boat house row (really pretty), ate philly cheese steaks, and ended our fun at Franklin Square to let the kids run of a little energy! It was a lot of driving (about 6 ish hours each way) for a short trip, but we had fun and got to explore a new city:) On the drive home I wanted to stop at the flight 93 memorial. It was only about 20 minutes out of our way. When we got there it was closed! Bummer! On the upside the drive was beautiful, I got a pamphlet all about the memorial (came away with something right?!), and the kids got to get out and play a little.


 |
| Zoey loves to play the shark... this is the start of the shark attack |
 |
| I love this picture of Beck! |
 |
| The guy in this pic gives it a nice touch:) |
 |
| Boat house row (drive by) |
 |
| Zoey lovin' Rocky (not quite as cool as the real statue, but the visitor center one will do!) |
 |
| Love her face... and the stick she is holding |
 |
| Liberty Bell in the background |
 |
| Crazy piece of art I used to get a picture of us eating our philly cheese steaks. |
 |
| Getting into trouble as always! |
 |
| Beautiful Franklin Square |
 |
| Carousel at Franklin Square |
 |
| Playing on the closed gates at the entrance of the flight 93 memorial |
 |
| Night before the "super moon" on our drive home. |
The kids are doing swimming lessons right now. They like them, but Zoey wants to do the mommy and me class and won't go with "other mommies and daddies" aka the lifeguards. They just want to do their own thing! I am slowly learning to be patient with this kind of thing:) It is way more fun to just slowly let them learn than to force them to do what they don't want to do. Lessons end on Friday, then on to more summer fun!
Jason is getting ready to take step 2 boards on the 3rd of July (only 9 more days!). Also the day that Quincy leaves on her mission! Crazy! After boards we have a few days of family time and then Jason heads to Tacoma, Wa for an audition rotation.Then It will just be me and the kids for a bit. After Tacoma he goes to DC, North carolina, and Hawaii for rotations. Crazy schedule! I will go with him for some of the time, unfortunately not Hawaii:) My parents and grandma are coming to visit between NC and Hawaii. I am really looking forward to having them!
No comments:
Post a Comment