The Hyde family

The Hyde family

Sunday, April 7, 2013

The last 4 months

It has been a long while since I blogged, but I figured I better catch up a little bit before we start some new adventures:) My last post was in November so a lot has happened! Here goes-

In December we had our first Christmas away from home as a family! It was a little sad to miss all the family parties and other festivities, but It was also very relaxing and fun to have just us:) Zoey is at a fun age for Christmas! She loved it! Jason had a lot of time off work so that was nice to have him around! A few things the kids got for Christmas- A roller coaster, A power wheels Jeep, Zoey got a bike, some clothes, and some books. Our main Christmas was a cruise with my family and Orlando with Jason's family in January.

In January we were gone for two full weeks for vacation! We started in Tampa to go on a cruise to cozumel and Grand Cayman with my family. It our first time going on a cruise (my parents as well) and It was really fun! We had ample time to just visit and relax in the warm weather! My sister and her family came too so we were only missing my brother and his family.
 Zoey had her birthday on the ship! She was so excited to finally get to celebrate a birthday with family!

 She got SO spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa


 Birthday girl with Aunt Sheila and Uncle Brett. The people taking care of us made Zoey her own cake and sang to her! She was SO happy!
 Poor girl got sea sick on our sting ray excursion on Grand Cayman.


 At seven mile beach! Best beach I have EVER been too! It was so beautiful and warm!
 She looks so grown up

 How could anyone tell we were tourists?
 Love my family:)
Saying bye to Grandma Lisa and Grandpa Wallace!

After our cruise we stayed a couple days in Tampa and then met Jason's family in Orlando.  While David was at his vet conference me, Jason, the kids, and Rosemary went to Universal Studios! The kids loved it, but I may have liked it more than them:) Theme parks are my fav! David and Rosemary got us multi-park/multi-day passes to Universal/Islands of Adventure and wet n wild water park. We had a blast! We went to the water park twice and the other parks like six times! One of the nights Rosemary was nice enough to stay with our kids and let us go on all the rides we wanted. We don't get very much time together without kids so it was a nice break. We had lots of fun with David and the girls and Sunny:) interspersed between all of that we mini golfed, went to Gatorland, and ate lots of delicious food:)









 This was one of my favorite things to do with Zoey! We would wait to hear the ride coming and then try not to get splashed by it.
Beck was SO worn out every day! Poor guy couldn't keep his eyes open.
 Leave it to Jason to do something like this!


 One of the only pictures we got at the water park... it was too much fun to stop and take pics
 Jaws! Zoey looks a little worried:)


 Grandpa bought them thing 1 and thing 2 shirts! (spoiled kids)
 Gatorland was pretty awesome!


 One of my favorite pictures of the siblings!
The Whole fam!

A look at how tired Zoey was from playing all day at Universal Studios! Ha!

I was home for one week and then headed to Lewisburg to throw one of my best friends, Amy, a baby shower. We had a really good turn out! It was so fun to see all my Lewisburg friends! It was just a short weekend trip, but we packed a lot in and had fun!


Straight from Lewisburg the kids and I made the 5 hour drive to Akron, OH to see Jason (he was doing an ophthalmology rotation there). It was also our anniversary so Jason surprised me with some flowers:) Zoey was happy to get a rose too. We did lots and lots of swimming there!

 Our flowers:) Zoey wouldn't put hers down!
We were finally home for a good long stretch of time! Getting back into our routine, going to the park, playing with friends, etc... Until Amy had her baby! I wasn't going to go down, but she is like a sister to me so the whole fam drove the 4 and 1/2 hours to Lewisburg again!
 At the park by our house!

Love this girl so much!
 Dr. Seuss birthday party at the library!
Friends! Love that Ethan's finger is making Zoey have a funny eye!
Lewisburg buddies! 

Baby David Oscar Tingey! SO CUTE!
Zoey LOVED him, but made sure to keep her distance and to be so soft!

Jason had the week before Easter off so we decided to go to Columbus, OH and go to the zoo, the Temple, and swim... Well the temple was closed for cleaning and the weather was pretty crappy! We ended up going to the zoo anyway and it was amazing! We bundled up and luckily the zoo had tons of really cool indoor exhibits. Seriously the Columbus zoo is the best zoo I have ever been to and we go to a LOT of zoos! We also got our swimming in! My kids love the pool! Every time we swim it seems like Zoey learns something new or they get a little more brave! 
 We could have stayed at the Gorilla exhibit all day! They were so entertaining! This one is eating her own poop! Zoey didn't think that was very lady like:)
 All bundled up for the Zoo! I guess I didn't take too many pictures at the Zoo, but it was awsome!

 Beck loving the water!



After going to Columbus we had one day before the Boehmer family came to our house for the Easter weekend! Zoey was reunited with more Lewisburg friends (they now live in Princeton, WV)! We colored easter eggs, did an easter treasure hunt at the Good Zoo by our house, made lots of yummy food, and played lots of games! Chelsea took most of the pictures so I only have a few of Easter morning. The friday they got to our house Beck and I started to get sick so that was kind of a bummer! Today we are STILL sick! I swear it is the longest sickness I have ever had! Now Zoey and Jason have it too! I am just hoping we are all healthy and back to normal by the 11th because we are going to UTAH! Yay! We are actually flying to Las Vegas first. I am doing the Tough Mudder with Quincy! So excited, but very nervous too! Then we will be in Utah until after I run the Ogden Marathon! I am very nervous for the Marathon! It is a first for me! I have been sticking to a training schedule so hopefully it will all pay off! I am so excited to see all my family and friends! I will really miss Jason though... 6 weeks apart will be the longest so far in our marriage. I guess we'll see how we all handle it:) 
 Zoey with Annalee and Tavian! Beck and Madeline not pictured:)
 A few of Zoey's Easter gifts
 Stamps were a hit with these three!
 My sick little guy watching the Lorax... his favorite. Snuggling with two bunnies:)
Tired boy! Love that he sleeps like this now!


No comments:

Post a Comment