The Hyde family

The Hyde family

Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring break DC

We got home Sunday night after a very much needed spring break!  It was tons of fun and also a lot of work:) We started out by leaving Friday the 16th to go to DC for my half marathon.  We got there a little late so we just had time to pick up my race packet and eat some delicious italian food.  Our friends Spencer and Amy joined us later that night.  I had to get up early the next morning and head to the half marathon.  I left in plenty of time, but ended up getting stuck on the metro for about 30 min ( train ahead of us had door problems) as soon as I got off the metro I heard "3-2-1 GO" the race had started! I still had to pee so I had to wait in line for a port-a-potty and then sprinted to the front of the line.  I was supposed to start in corral 6 and ended up starting in coral 12! It was a little bit crazy, but fun!  I ended up running an 8 min mile pace for about 8 miles and then hit a HUGE wall! Luckily mile 9 had a GU station that saved me:) I ended up doing better than I did in the Richmond half (only by a little).  My official time was 1:46:54 which is about an 8:10 min/mile.  I was pretty happy with it! I was dying those last couple of miles though! It was a great feeling to be done and then get to meet up with my cute little family after:)






After the half we went to eat and look around DC a little bit, went back to the hotel, and then later that afternoon Spencer, Amy, and I went to the DC Temple while my sweet Jason stayed at the hotel to watch the kids. Once we got done Jason met us at the famous Ben's chili bowl for dinner (mmmm!)  The next day we checked out, went to church in Arlington, and then headed to Richmond to meet Jason's parents and sister.

It was so good to see Jason's family! Jason and his dad got to golf and the girls shopped a little in Richmond.  We only stayed there for one night and then headed back to DC.  In DC we walked around, rented bikes, went to the botanical gardens, air and space museum, ate at the union station, walked around old town Alexandria and saw the beautiful cherry blossoms! When we weren't eating or walking around DC we were swimming with the kids!  We only had a short time with his family so we tried to pack a lot in. They were nice enough to drive our truck across the country for us! Thank you so much David and Rose! It was a LONG drive and we are so grateful you love us enough to do that for us:)















We dropped Jason's family off in Baltimore to fly home. We drove both of our trucks home (me with Beck and Jason with Zoey) a long 5 hours to Lewisburg:) We were home for one day and then left to Wheeling with a load for our new condo! We love our new place and we have a great little park right down the road with a putt putt course that Zoey will love! We are pretty excited!  All in all it was a great and exhausting trip!
Sorry for the bad pic! We were driving away and I snapped this quick:)
More pictures to come later.
PS someone really needs to teach me how to format this... the layout is horrible! Sorry!



1 comment:

  1. This is RaNae, your blog looks great. I love hearing about your family and your adventures.

    ReplyDelete